Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Picks for the 2010 Daytime EMMY for Best Drama Series



MOST LIKELY TO SECURE A NOMINATION:
1. The Young & The Restless, CBS
2. One Life To Live, ABC
3. General Hospital, ABC
4. As The World Turns, CBS




I have no idea how they are gonna go this year in terms of the number nominated, I'm going to guess they will either follow suit and continue the '3' nominations, or they might go the route of having four nominated. Nevertheless, here are the three that I think probably will warrent nominations this year.

AS THE WORLD TURNS, CBS
Oakdale residents may not have had a ritzy, glitzy year as they’ve had in years past; but the storylines that were on ATWT this year have been better than they were, and especially Brad’s death and Jack & Janet’s marriage breaking up have brought the best scenes in a while… Plus, ATWT should at least deserve one last nomination (although, I don’t understand why Guiding Light didn’t get it’s due last year). Plus, in recent weeks, the drama has turned up, and ATWT has begun a return to form.

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, CBS
Genoa City has been struck with despair and shock, plus Y&R seems to always have the best scenes and storylines. The actors were great, and the storylines were clever!! And the drama is heating up, and Y&R is definatly getting good storylines in.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE, ABC
Even though I saw only about a month of OLTL, (not including this past week), It has been a pretty compelling story with the residents; and the portrayal and support of Gay and Lesbian people on the show was absolutely incredible (despite writing off 'Kish" soon). OLTL went out on a limb and could possibly nab a nomination.

GENERAL HOSPITAL, ABC
I’ve only seen bits and pieces of GH’s recent season; so I have no clue what could possibly give them a reason to be nominated.. However, I’m taking chances and going with an Emmy favorite.


THE FOLLOWING IS A RESULT OF NOT HAVING CO-BLOGGERS TO HELP ME COMPILE THIS KIND OF LIST... HOPE THAT CHANGES SOON!!


WHY OTHERS MIGHT NOT GET NOMINATED:
(I WISH NO ILL TOWARDS THESE CONTENDERS, JUST STATING OPINION)

DAYS OF OUR LIVES, NBC
Again, I have no clue why they might not get nominated.

ALL MY CHILDREN, ABC
Same. (But I’ve heard it’s getting good!)

THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL, CBS
It just seems really blah lately, but that storyline with Betty White’s character’s (Ann Douglas') death was SOO good (what I saw of it).

GUIDING LIGHT, CBS
I don’t think it’s possible, since there’s so little to be nominated, but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment