Friday, September 17, 2010

Goodnight, As The World Turns

"I don't think there should be goodbyes, just goodnights." -Kim Hughes


So, the final episode of ATWT has aired, and I must say, I am sad with the fact that it was over, but a little disapointed with the finale.

FAVORITE PARTS:
-Bob's introduction at the beginning. It was so amazing and perfect that it could've stood alone as the last moment.
-Luke feeling Reid's heart through Chris. So touching and gave us a sense of closure with Luke.
-Kim's quote (at the top of the article). Showed that the show will go on forever in our hearts.
-Everybody's (or almost everybody) happy endings. Made some sort of peace that we knew they were okay.
-Bob's Retirement running parallel with the show's conclusion. Very cool that one of the show's longest running castmates' had some sort of goodbye as the viewers did with the show.
-The last scene. Where the light shone on the globe and it was still turning, gave me chills.

MISSED OPPOURTUNITIES:
-I was disapointed that they didn't do a montage intro of all the different introductions used throughout the years for ATWT.
-I wish we could've been treated to a future glimpse to our Oakdale friends' lives.
-The whole thing felt rushed, it should've been longer than it was.
-I wish Molly, Rosanna, Will & Gwen, and the others; stayed for the finale..


Overall, some of it seemed unorthodox and didn't quite fit for me (Barbara & Henry). However, despite the flaws, it was a pretty cool ending to a great show.

1956-2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment