Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards

Here Are The Winners:

Lead Actor: Michael Park, As The World Turns
-So nice to see Mr. Park finally honored for his work, and I'm not surprised that he won, considering ATWT's upcoming finale.

Lead Actress: Maura West, As The World Turns
-Isn't it awesome that CarJack both picked up Emmys this year? Must say that I had no real idea how this category would go.

Supporting Actress: Julie Pinson, As The World Turns
-Julie is a talented actress, and I am glad that she was recognized for her work. And I am glad that the VERY talented actors and actresses on ATWT are finally getting their dues, considering recent years at the Emmys. And Betty White's non-existant nomination clinched the win for Pinson.

Supporting Actor: Billy Miller, The Young & The Restless
-Both of my favorite soaps dominated in the four main acting categories, so I am thrilled!

Younger Actor: Drew Tyler Bell, The Bold & The Beautiful
-CBS had a great night!!

Younger Actress: Julie Berman, General Hospital
-Berman would go on to pick up her second consecutive trophy in this category.

Writing Team: The Bold & The Beautiful

Directing Team: General Hospital

Drama Series: The Bold & The Beautiful

-I liked the way they showed the montages for the soaps this year, at the end with about fifteen to thirty seconds for each soap. Watch it here. [just click the play button]

No wonder B&B won for its second year in a row, their montage was absolutely fantastic, Even though I am a huge Y&R fan, I must say that the Ann Douglas storyline was so heartbreaking and I almost cried when they showed the scenes. So, our hat is off to you, B&B, congrats from all of us here at Soap Opera America. [the only problem is that Betty White should have been nominated for her work!]

Stay Tuned for the announcement of the Soap Opera America Awards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment